What Is The Drinkers and Great Thinkers Series?
All classes in the Polis Drinkers and Great Thinkers series pair a “great thinker” with a craft beer or fine wine selection. Students have the opportunity to sample drinks during the class discussions.
Our friends at Healthy Spirits beer store help us to curate a well-paired selection of interesting drinks for each class in this series.
Past Drinkers and Great Thinkers Pairings:
- The Essays of French philosopher Montaigne with a variety of saison farmhouse beers
- Poems of William Carlos Williams paired with chocolate and dessert inspired beers
- Franz Kafka’s,The Metamorphosis paired with Czech ales
- James Joyce’s The Dead paired with Irish winter ales
- Cormac McCarthy’s “The Crossing” paired with Mexican and Southwestern ales
- William Faulkner’s “Go Down, Moses” paired with American Southern craft ales
- Spike Lee’s Chi-Raq & Aristophanes’ Lysistrata paired with Chicago craft ales